THE HISTORIC ELK LANDING FOUNDATION
Creation of the Foundation
At the urging of a group of historically-minded and persistent citizens, the Town of Elkton in October 1999 acquired Elk Landing from the descendants of the Hollingsworth family who had owned the property since 1735. As the site had not been occupied for a number of years, many of the structures had fallen into disrepair. A non-profit organization, The Historic Elk Landing Foundation, Inc., was created on January 17, 2000. The Foundation signed a renewable 99-year lease with the Town to operate the site as an interpretive living history museum. Over the succeeding decade, the Foundation has acquired grants from a variety of public and private sources as well as generous donations from individuals and corporations to restore most of the Hollingsworth House and stabilize the Stone House. While there is much work to be done, we are grateful for all those who have given of their time, talent, and treasury to this important endeavor. Over the years this effort has been guided by carefully thought out Vision and Mission Statements.
Current Board of Directors
Rob Alt (Ex-Offico)
Laura Lee Magee-Eskaros