DSCF6642.JPG

Historic Elk Landing Foundation

At the urging of a group of historically-minded and persistent citizens, the Town of Elkton in October 1999 acquired Elk Landing from the descendants of the Hollingsworth family who had owned the property since 1735. As the site had not been occupied for a number of years, many of the structures had fallen into disrepair. A non-profit organization, The Historic Elk Landing Foundation, Inc., was created on January 17, 2000.  The Foundation signed a renewable 99-year lease with the Town to operate the site as an interpretive living history museum. Over the succeeding decades, the Foundation has acquired grants from a variety of public and private sources as well as generous donations from individuals and corporations to restore most of the Hollingsworth House and stabilize the Stone House. While there is much work to be done, we are grateful for all those who have given of their time, energy, and resources to this important endeavor.

Current Board of Directors

  • Rob Alt (Ex-Offico)

  • Josh Brown (President)

  • Jon Carpenter

  • Leslie Gorak

  • Christine Kosior

  • Laura Lee Magee-Eskaros

  • Jeanne Minner

  • Pat Opal

  • Pat White

  • Liz Wohner

Founding Board Members

  • Kenneth Wilcox

  • Mike Dixon

  • Gary Stork

  • Jack Shagnia

  • Robert Bryson